Monday, June 22, 2009

Ice Cream Inflation

I was in the house cleaning up from lunch when I heard a familiar sound from my childhood. It kind of took me by surprise because I think I have only heard this sound once before since moving to our neighborhood 8 years ago. I looked out the front door and looked down the street and saw it coming - The Ice Cream Truck. I immediately called for the kids and told them the ice cream truck was here. They were so excited and ran outside. By that time it was passing the house, so of course they ran to the end of the driveway and tried to wave it down. Gabe's friend Chris hopped on his bike to catch him and tell him to come back. As I watched them I could remember all the summer days I spent with my sister, brother, and friends chasing down the ice cream truck. It was such a neat experience watching my kids and their friends get just as excited as I did as a kid. So of course when he came back around we just had to get something. We walk up and I am thinking "okay they should be about 1.50 each right". Boy, was I wrong. I guess there has been some serious ice cream inflation since I was a kid because 12.50 later we had 1 ice cream cone, 4 snow cones, and 1 classic bomb pop. Even though I could have bought a few boxes of Popsicles for that price it was worth it. Seeing the excitement and joy the kids got out of chasing down and buying from the ice cream truck will definitely be a cherished memory.


Waiting




Finally!!


Yummy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment